Board an early morning flight to Chennai. Arrive at Chennai airport and immediately leave for Kanchipuram. Enroute visit Kanjivaram Handloom factory. After watching the weaving of beautiful Kanjivaram silk Sarees, enjoy some shopping too and later check into the hotel at Kanchipuram. Fresh n up yourself and fill your tummies with good south Indian breakfast. Then leave for sightseeing. Arrive at the hotel by lunch and then relax.
Get ready for a remaining expedition of Kanchipuram by evening. Spend an evening at leisure or shopping.
Stay at Kanchipuram.
- Visit beautiful temples built by Pallava’s
The temples were built during Pallava’s reign in the 7th century. A typical Dravidian architecture displays all characteristics of the Dravid Architecture style.
- Visit Kanjivaram Handloom factories.
After breakfast check out of the hotel and leave for our next destination in this trail i.e. Mahabalipuram. Check in to the hotel. Fresh n Up and get ready to explore WORLD HERITAGE SITE – Mahabalipuram.
Return to the hotel in the evening and relax. You may buy some stone sculpture as a souvenir for your beautiful home from the school of sculptures itself, ‘Mahabalipuram’.
Stay at Mahabalipuram
- Visit Shore temple at Mahabalipuram.
Built-in the 8th century, the temple stands rock steady on the shore of Bay of Bengal. Even the Tsunami that struck coastline in the year 2004 could not destroy the temple. A WORLD HERITAGE SITE is a remarkable piece of a monument.
- Have a glance at the evolution of architectural styles at Mahabalipuram. Visit Gangavataran, Panchratha, KrishnaMandap, VarahMandap, Krishna’s butterball,
and such magnificent monuments in the vicinity.
Get ready in the morning for the next expedition. After breakfast check out of the hotel and leave for Thanjavur. Hereafter we will be witnessing grand temples constructed by Cholas.
Enroute visit Gangaikondacholapuram and Darasuram (Kumbhakonam).
stay at Tanjavur
- Visit Brihaddishwar Temple at Gangaikondcholapuram.
This temple built by Rajendra Chola I, is named after Brihaddishwar Temple at Tanjavur. Some unique sculptures can be observed on the walls of this temple. Hence it is specifically included in our itinerary. It’s a WORLD HERITAGE SITE declared by UNESCO and is a part of three Great Living Chola Temples.
- Visit Airavateshwar Temple at Darasuram, Kumbhakonam
Airavateshwar Temple at Darasuram is another temple of the Chola temple trio and is a WORLD HERITAGE SITE. This beautifully constructed temple is one masterpiece.
Here our tour comes to its climax. After breakfast, get ready for the trail of Tanjavur. We will begin our trail with Tanjavur Maratha Palace and Saraswati Mahal Library and learn the medieval history of Tanjavur.
Take a short break for lunch.
And finally, the cherry on top of the cake would be grand Brihaddishwar Temple.
Arrive at the hotel by evening and relax
Stay at Tanjavur.
- Visit Tanjavur Palace
The palace was originally constructed by Nayakas from Tamilnadu. Later acquired by Marathas. It served as the official residence of the Bhosale family of Tanjavur.
- Visit Saraswati Mahal Library
Saraswati Mahal Library also is known as Sarfoji Library is one of the medieval libraries in the world and has a collection of rare palm-leaf manuscripts, maps, books and paintings on all aspects of art, culture, and literature.
- Experience the grandeur of Brihaddishwar Temple
Temple was built by Raja Raja Chola I in 1010 C.E. It was the largest temple existed then and still one of the largest temples now. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, this temple is the grandest temple in South India even today and hence called as ‘Dakshin Meru’. ( A holy and big mountain mentioned in Puranas ). Its magnificence is truly jaw-dropping.
After breakfast, start the return journey to Chennai. Board the evening flight at Chennai and arrive home with a bag full of knowledge and memories.
- To and Fro economy class airfare from Pune to Chennai and back to Pune.
- Local Transport by 2 x 2 AC coach (Depends on group size, seating capacity will be variable).
- Accommodation in comfortable and convenient hotels on twin sharing.
- All meals. ( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Evening Tea- set menu)
- Entrance fees of all sightseeing
- 1-liter water bottle per person per day
- Expert charges
- Govt. taxes of 5% over and above the tour cost
- Any implementation of new taxes by the government
- Cost of insurance
- Cost of Pre/Post tour accommodation
- Any extra expenses such that porterage, laundry, telephone, shopping, alcoholic beverages, mineral water, items of personal nature and food or drink which is not part of set menu
- Any extra expenses incurred due to illness, accident, hospitalization of an individual
- Anything specifically not mentioned in the inclusions
- If any sightseeing mentioned is not done due to any unforeseen circumstances then an alternate sightseeing will be done
- A traveler may please note that for domestic and international flights, the baggage allowance will be as per respective airline’s baggage policy and weight regulations. Travelers are requested to carry their luggage in accordance with the regulated baggage allowance. Excess baggage will be chargeable and the same is not included in the tour cost. It has to be borne by the traveler.
- Traveler may please note that for domestic and international flights, the baggage allowance will be as per respective airline’s baggage policy and weight regulations. Travelers are requested to carry their luggage in accordance with the regulated baggage allowance. Excess baggage will be chargeable and the same is not included in the tour cost. It has to be borne by the traveler.
|Below package cost ₹ 20, 000 per person||Full payment at the time of booking|
|Above package cost ₹ 20,000 per person|
|At the time of booking||40% of the package cost|
|30 days prior to departure||Remaining 60 % amount|
Payment can be done via cheque, Demand Draft, NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, Credit Card/ Debit Card or UPI gateway. Cheque/Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “ANCIENT TRAILS”
In case of payment made by cheque, a booking confirmation will be given subject to cheque clearance
|Cancellation received no. of days prior to departure||Cancellation charges applicable per person|
|30 and above||10%|
For cancellation procedure, a traveler will need to give an application in writing along with an original receipt of booking
Please note that if air ticket booking is done with NON-REFUNDABLE airfare then cancellation charges to be borne by the customer and the remaining amount will be refunded as per above cancellation policy